Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Think I Transferred to Heaven

This week has been one of the most relaxing, satisfying weeks of my mission. On Tuesday, after some serious difficulties (The heartless man at the train station wouldn't let me on the train with my bike handlebars sticking out of the bag. But then he left before the next train came, so we got through) I made it to Toyohashi. The weather is good here. It's a lot warmer. It gets pretty windy, but I can handle that.

One of the reasons it's been so relaxing is because I've just been feeling the Spirit so much. I'm not sure what happened. But I just feel like God is so happy with me for not giving up.

My new companion is the best. His name is Elder M, and we get along fantastically. We talk about books and life and stuff and it is just great.

This ward is also fantastic. So many strong members. And they all want to meet with us and lots of them want to do missionary work too.

Elder M and I made a goal through some serious revelation that we would baptize 5 people on the 28th of this month. We're pretty excited.

It seems like I've just been liberated from a lot of things. I guess that I learned what I needed to learn in the darker hours of my mission, and so now I get to have a break. I'm grateful for my suffering. Not that I would want to ever experience what I have in the last year again, but I am so glad I have learned the things I have, and that I have this amazing opportunity to change for the better.

Anyway, to sum it up, I feel like I have transferred to heaven.

With love,

Alex

Photo taken at the conference a couple weeks ago. Alex is wearing his "mission tie". All the Elders in the mission have the same tie and wear them when they get together.

The other elders in our area had a baptism this weekend!

From left to right:

Me, Brother M, Elder Tr, Elder M, Elder D.

Elder Tr is from Brazil

Elder D is my cousin, Nathan's, friend from school.

No comments:

Post a Comment