Monday, May 18, 2015

Another Transfer Comes to a Close

I'm doing well. This week we had transfer calls, and my companion and
I are both staying, so things won't change much logistically speaking.

But I have good hope for the next few weeks. I'm feeling better. I am
understanding my responsibilities better and I'm more aware of what I
need to do for myself now.

We also have an awesome investigator. He's been sick recently, so we
haven't been able to see him for a long time, but he came to church
yesterday! And he stayed for the baptismal service afterwards (the
wife of the man who was baptized when I had just got here was
baptized) and we had an amazing lesson with him, thanks to a fantastic
member.

Well, I am exhausted. Dendo is very taxing on the mind and on the
body. But I'm sure that I can endure to the end. Just like 2 Nephi
31:19-20, I have come this far only through the grace of Christ,
brought into effect by faith on that name, and it will be that same
grace which will bear me up until I am released from my duties, and I
am reunited with my family.

This life, this mission, is a test. I think it fair to say that I have
been tested greatly on my mission. Perhaps more than most. But I think
it is also fair to say that God allowed me, as he allowed Job (a man
much more righteous and tested far more than I), to be tested thus far
because He knows what I can become. And though he does not allow me to
suffer willingly --what father would needlessly watch his son suffer--
He knows what I now know. That truly "these things shall give [me]
experience, and shall be for [my] good."

It's taken a while, but I'm beginning to truly submit myself before the Lord.

With love,

Elder Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment