Monday, June 29, 2015

This is a Good Place

Hello from Nakatsugawa!

This place is hot and hilly. My legs are going to be pretty strong when I get back home. I just need to make sure I'm getting enough water to beat the heat.

I like this place though. We have a lot to do. And the ward members are really anxious to work with us. The branch is pretty small though. Apparently there are about 15 active members. So it's like being in Ueda again. It's a lot different from Toyohashi and having 70 people at church every week. It makes it a lot easier to learn everybody's names.

Being a district leader is so far a lot more fun than I anticipated. I really like just having conversations with people. And the people in my district are great! It's just that there are ten of us (usually there are only 6 or 8; sometimes even only 4) and so I have a lot to do. Just a lot of volume of work. But it keeps me occupied, so I'm not complaining.

I'm really, really tired right now though. I've just been extremely fatigued again. I'm going to call the mission doctor today, but do you have any suggestions for what I could do? I haven't been sleeping very well lately. Maybe dad knows something.  Maybe I just need permission to take a break. It's just kind of precarious, because even though my psychological health is better, when I'm tired like this all the time, it's easy to slip into depression again. Anyway, I'm sure I will figure it out.

In addition, this weeks adventures include:

-visiting three times the recent convert (and by recent I mean "of two weeks") in the hospital because his kidneys recently both failed
-watching my companion slip on his bike while it was raining
-teaching English to a group of little girls aged 4-10 while their moms giggled at my funny Japanese
-making puns in our other English class
-visiting less active members with our super intense Branch President

 just to name a few.

Anyway, I love you all!

Elder Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment