Monday, April 13, 2015

Not too exciting of a week

Dear friends,

Hello. I have a new companion. He's Japanese and he's funny. He's nice. It was a big transition from Elder M, but we're doing good. He's quiet. And by that, I don't mean that he doesn't talk much. His voice is always just really quiet. 

We've been doing good. The weather has been less than cooperative this week. It's been cold and rainy, less than pleasant. This week got kind of difficult due to some accumulating fatigue and the bad weather, but after some much needed rest and a nice sunny day, I was feeling better.

Conference was good. I don't think I've ever felt like so many of the talks applied to me. Probably a bit of getting older. Probably a bit of having changed my perspective of the gospel. The other companionship of missionaries and I watched conference by ourselves in the clerk's office in English. It was fun. One of our investigators came for one of the sessions. He was exhausted because he hadn't slept yet because of work, but I think he had a good experience. 


I apologize for the lack of pictures. We have been e-mailing at an internet cafe for the past two weeks, and I can't plug in USBs into the tower. And also, the camera is dying. It sucks batteries dry like crazy. I've been having problems with it for a while. But I think the iPads will have cameras, so I'm kind of holding out for that for a while.

I guess there was one very exciting thing this week. This morning I walked out to my bike to find my helmet and no bike. . .I think it was stolen. So I talked to the police (that was a little nerve-racking. Luckily my companion is a native.) and they will be looking for it now. But I will most likely have to get a new bike. :P

Anyway, I'm 元気.

With love,

Elder Mueller

Q&A with Elder Mueller

Q: Are you going to have to pay for your iPad?
A: The iPad will be the mission's. So I will not pay for it. Neither will the ward.

Q: What did you do to celebrate Easter?
A: We just had a fast and testimony meeting. It was really spiritual though. 

Q:  Can you share with me just a bit about how music has helped you spread the gospel on your mission?
A: That's kind of difficult to say, because I have not been so obviously successful with sharing the gospel on my mission, However, when I play or listen to music it's been the easiest to feel successful. And that is simply because it's just so easy to feel the Spirit with good music. And when I have been troubled and trials have abounded, I have sung hymns to myself to help me feel better. And it's helped me keep trying and reminded me that my Heavenly Father loves me. Even when I have doubts about the truth of something that I read in the scriptures or hear in a conference, if I find the same thing in a hymn and sing it, then it enters my heart more readily.

No comments:

Post a Comment