Sunday, February 9, 2014

A New Transfer

I'm so sorry! I wrote a letter last week but then I apparently neglected to send it! I'm such a terrible son! Okay. Now I've sent it. Sorry.
 
Elder G and I decided to do something really fun this last week, we explored part of out area that we've never been to before. We just got a ward directory, and we found that there were some less-actives. It was a really pretty area, and even though of two people that we visited, one moved to Australia and one was a person who clearly didn't want anything to do with us, it was worth it.
 
Our progressing investigator, A-san, the Phillipino girl, came to church yesterday, so we taught her about the Plan of Salvation and she had some questions about the Word of Wisdom and she said that she'd be totally willing to follow it. And she also has told us that she wants to join the church, so we're really excited!
 
Last week, we had transfer calls, and of course we didn't get any because Elder G is still training me, but one unfortunate thing did happen, which will need some explaining.
 
The Elders in the other area in the district are Elder P and Elder T, and they do not work well together. Elder P does some really weird things that make him extremely hard to live with, and I have seen it firsthand on the exchanges I've been on. And it's driving Elder T crazy, and neither of them is handling it well. Elder G was trying to convince President Yamashita to transfer one of them, and he prayed about it a lot and he's tried to help them the best that he can, and I've been helping him. But transfer calls were last Saturday, and they did not get one. And so they've both pretty much given up. Period. They aren't going to do anything this transfer unless something happens fast. I wish I could convey better the seriousness of this problem, but unfortunately there isn't enough time for that. I pray for them a lot though in the hopes that things will get better somehow.
 
Snow in Numazu! This never happens. I keep telling Elder G that I brought the curse of the Salt Lake Valley to Numazu because the weather keeps changing so much.

Inline image 2
And this is Japan. Beautiful, no?

Anyway, that's all for this week. I hope everyone has a Happy Valentine's day!
 
I love you all!
 
-Elder Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment