Monday, January 19, 2015

Dawn of a New Transfer

**A note from Alex's mom: Thanks to all of you who sent Alex a note of love this week. I'm sure it made a difference! Also, just for your info (and possible amusement), Alex seems to be forgetting how to speak and write English. I have to be more and more diligent in my proofreading as his mission goes on. :)

Hello. How are you? Things went well this week. We were able to work hard and get a lot done.

On Monday, before Elder W transferred, we went to "Hida no Sato" which is this folk village place that's near the apartment. They had lots of old buildings that were made with thatched roofs, many of which had been moved there from other places near here. That was pretty fun.

Tuesday was transfers, so I got to see some friends that I don't usually get to see, and I picked up my new companion, Elder U. He is from Kyoto and is 20 years old. He's been on his mission for about 9 months, but he already is pretty skilled from what I've seen. He helps me a lot. We've been able to work hard this week, and though we haven't seen any new investigators or anything, it feels really good to work hard.

Something that I have been happy to know is that God is aware of our particular trials, and he knows just how to comfort us in our times of need. It's easy to get frustrated when things don't go the way we planned, or when we realize our own limitations. Especially when we are doing our best to serve the Lord. But He is aware of our desires. He knows the thoughts of our hearts. So when we are humble and are honestly striving, he is full of bounteous mercy and strengthens us in our weakness. I am grateful for the power of the Atonement, and that through it Christ knows me perfectly. There are many things that don't make much sense when they happen. But we can know that "all these things shall give [us] experience, and shall be for [our] good." (D&C 122:7) All happens, not necessarily so that we can be happy and free of sorrow now, but it does happen so that we can be even happier in the future.

With love,

Elder Mueller

P.S. Hida no Sato pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment